We are excited to announce that we are recruiting for a new part-time Head of Operations for our Newbury based Charity
Vacancy: Head of Operations
Hours: 21hrs over 3 days. Some working days will be designated by needs of the organisation; others can be flexible.
Location: Home working with some time spent in our office in central Newbury, West Berkshire.
Reporting to: Chair to the Trustees of FLAGDV
Terms: 12 months initially, with the possibility of extension
Salary: Up to £30k pro rata
Who are we?
We are the Free Legal Advice Group for Domestic Violence (FLAG DV). We are a small charitable organisation, set up in 2012 providing free qualified legal advice on matters of family law to people who are experiencing domestic abuse.
Our service is completely confidential and free, irrespective of our client’s financial circumstances.
Our mission is
“to provide high quality, accessible legal advice and/or representation to victims of domestic violence/abuse so that they are empowered to make choices through the knowledge of their legal rights, have access to justice and are afforded by the law its maximum protection for themselves, their children and their property.”
This is a remarkable opportunity for a highly motivated, proactive and effective manager to join us at a very exciting time, and to take the lead on a range of projects to support our evolving organisation.
Who are you?
You are someone who is efficient, highly organised and who can prioritise with confidence. You can demonstrate strong, visible leadership and you are a good communicator, both verbally and in writing. You are able to negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders. You have experience of managing a service or project, identifying risks, pre-empting issues, and producing clear verbal and written reports for Trustees. You will need to have personal resilience, a positive attitude, be proactive, and passionate, with an understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse – or a willingness to learn. You will be goal-orientated and driven by the increasing success of the charity and the growing number of people we support.
What will you be doing?
* Be a key point of liaison for our partners, including lawyers, commissioners, and other associates, ensuring strong lines of communication across the system.
* Maintain an overview of projects, aligning operational performance with strategic vision, to which you will also contribute.
* Review, update and create our workplace policies.
* Manage referrals from our partner agencies; building on our current relationships and establishing new ones.
* Maintain confidential records in accordance with local policies, procedures and legislation including Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
* Use data and information from a variety of sources to monitor, evaluate and develop an evidence informed service to meet the needs of our clients.
* Represent FLAG DV in a positive light. Invigorate the charity and play a pivotal role in the delivery of our charitable purpose, ensuring that we are compliant with the Charities Commission.
* Build the profile of the charity and increase public awareness of our existence.
* Support the Trustees in their responsibility to ensure robust governance, keeping the Board informed of organisational performance and matters of significance.
* Provide support and information, when required, to aid the charity’s fundraising efforts.
Skills and experience
* Previous experience of managing a service or project, preferably within a domestic abuse setting, though not essential
* Ability to use IT systems well – e.g. Microsoft & Google applications
* Strong communicator – with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Highly organised
* Self-motivated with a can- do attitude
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Sensitivity towards and an understanding of domestic abuse or willingness to learn
* Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
* Knowledge and experience of the charity sector (desirable)
* Car driver or ability to travel across the Thames Valley and sometimes to counties beyond
We need you to have passion and commitment, a willingness to adapt and learn as you go. We are happy to support you to attend local and regional training courses. We need you to provide an outstanding service, to be polite and understanding to our clients and lawyers.
How to apply
Submit a CV with covering letter including the names of two referees to Recruitment@flagdv.appcentricuat.co.uk mentioning where you saw the advertisement.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 4th September 2020.
Interviews will take place in Newbury
Why work for us?
We are passionate about empowerment, protection and choice for people who have experienced domestic abuse who are unable to access legal help; to help them make informed choices
concerning their welfare, finances, property and their children.
Our values and mission statement guide the way in which we work, look after our clients and do business.
We offer a competitive salary, flexible working, professional development, an employee welfare call line, and the support of a team of dedicated trustees.
We are set up to work remotely from home.
FLAG DV are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from talented people from diverse backgrounds and are happy to consider flexible working applications.