Complaint about FLAG DV
We aim to give everyone who uses our services the best possible help. For us to achieve this, we need to know if things have gone wrong. Complaints will help us identify problems and put them right, so we welcome your views.
Most complaints can be dealt with informally by talking the service manager if your complaint is about FLAG DV. They will listen to your views, make a record of what happened and make appropriate changes where possible.
If you feel that your concern cannot be dealt with in this way, we also have a formal complaints procedure. A senior local manager will carry out a detailed investigation and meet the person or team that you have raised a concern about.
Whatever you decide:
- We are happy to talk to you about what has happened.
- We will always make sure that your complaint or concern is treated confidentially.
- You can tell us everything that happened.
- Your complaint will never be dealt with by the person who is the subject of your concern. It will always be handled by a senior manager who hasn’t been involved previously.
- We will get back to you in a set time-scale so that you always know what’s happening and can feel sure that we are treating your concern or complaint seriously.
- You will get an open and fair response.
- You will always be treated with respect and we’ll do all that we can to help find a way forward.
How to complain about a service you’ve received from FLAG DV
If you want to make a complaint about our services or activities, there are a number of ways you can do this:
- By completing our online contact form
- Or write in to our main office at 4-8 The Broadway, Newbury RG14 1BA.
We will put you in contact with a local senior manager who will investigate what has happened. You can ask someone to help you make a complaint and to act on your behalf if you want.
What happens next?
- We will contact you to tell you that we have your complaint within five working days of receipt.
- We will let you know if we need to get in touch with you, so it’s important to give us all of your contact details, including the county/city where you live and the best way to reach you.
- We will get back to you in an agreed time to let you know the outcome. Please be aware that it takes longer to manage a formal complaint because we will hold a full investigation. We aim to finish our investigation within 30 working days of receipt and will then contact you in writing.
- We will explain the result of our discussions or investigation and let you know what we’ll do to improve our services going forward.
- If you’re not happy with the result of a complaint you can ask for the decision and process to be looked at again through our appeals process.